Moundford Free Methodist Church is located at 1803 E. Mound Rd. Decatur, IL 62522 (217) 877-1577
We look forward to having you visit us! Here are frequently asked questions you may have:
- What is your Mission? The mission of Moundford has been to love God and people and to make disciples.
- What is your Vision? The vision of our community is to bring wholeness to the world by being a healthy biblical community of holy people mutiplying disciples, leaders, groups and churches.
- Who are the Free Methodists? We have a rich heritage of going “across the street, into the inner city and around the world with the saving gospel of Jesus Christ”. We are a protestant evangelical denomination with influences such as Martin Luther, John Wesley, and B.T. Roberts. We are a denomination that seeks to practice the sacrificial love we see in Jesus Christ. Feel free to visit the Free Methodist Church website for more information/resources. The FM Church in the US is divided into geographic regions known as “Conferences”. We are part of the “Gateway Conference”, click here to find more churches in the Gateway Conference.
- When I visit, where do I go? When you enter our main doors from the main parking lot (upper level), you will see a Welcome Center. There you can pick up a visitors’ packet, with information on several areas of the church, and have any questions answered by one of our Welcomers.
- What about my children? We believe one of the MOST important areas we can serve God’s Kingdom, is through the care and development of His youngest. We invite your children to attend our age-divided Sunday School classes!! On most Sundays, children join parents for worship, and are released to Children’s Church during the sermon time. The first Sunday of each month, we invite children to stay through the entire service to share communion as a family!!On Wednesday Nights, our children (ages 4 through 6th grade) participate in “CLC”, an age appropriate education and discipleship program!! Teens from 7th through 12th grades also join together in the lower level for a time of pursuing God together. Check out their sections for more details!
- Toddlers/Nursery? On Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings we have a nursery program to care for our youngest ones. From snack time, to singing songs together, to nap times, sometimes even our parents wish they could stay!!
- Becoming a Member? We invite you to visit, and even to join us regularly!! We also believe this type of community is best experienced in covenant relationship with one another. If you’re interested or have questions, please send us an e-mail!!
- Baptism/Weddings? There are many important experiences in the journey of seeking Christ together. If you would like more information on sharing one of these with us, please send us an e-mail!